Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Cosy Winter Project....

A little winter knitting by the fire today...




This is a really really easy scarf I knitted up with some wool I had laying about. Its a lovely chunky yarn, can't remember the ply (its been laying about for quite awhile!) but definately thicker than an 8ply.
                                                                                 

               
                                        
Using size 5 needles I just cast on 36 stitches and knitted a garter (every row plain) stitch until it was the length I wanted, then sowed the two ends together. Easy!!



                                            

I love how I can just toss it over my head, get some much needed warmth and I'm not going to get any 'ends' flapping about.



                                                                                

I'm off to the gorgeous local wool shop now to pick out my next project.......


                                                    Janelle  xx                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment