Friday, October 26, 2012

Projects.....kind of......

Yep...it's Friday again......just where did that week go??.....today I was hoping to share a pic or 10 of my  round table with at least 1, maybe even 2, coats of topcoat on it.... however.....a few slight hiccups occurred....firstly Miss 4yr old decided to 'squash' (???) her ankle on the trampoline Wednesday evening which, after realising she really was in pain and really couldn't walk on it, meant no kinder for her yesterday but instead a fun trip to the doctor and her foot getting some 'photos' taken of it.....turns out it's just a sprain but that did all rather rudely interrupt my precious allotted painting time..(and she is now walking fine on it...FINE I tell you!!)....the other slight hiccup?....I umm....forgot to buy the paint.....but here it is after a few undercoats......and I must say I'm loving it already.....


So....with the paint plans temporarily on hold I decided to get stuck into a little sewing project which has been lying about the house for way too long......with a little play-do, drawing, and I'm-not-really-sure-what-some-of-that-other-business-on-the-table-is-for going on too.....


Yep we were busy little bees.......I found these bundles of fabric squares at a local craft shop and bought them having no idea what I would do with them....I just loved the colours and patterns.....I soon decided they would make lovely cushion covers so I bought some more fabric to use for the back and then it all sat about the house for many weeks......until now!.......


Well... actually... this is as far as I got (I don't seem to be very good at this whole 'before and after' thing?!) before having to run off to doctors and xrays etc but with only the backs to cut out and sew on (and maybe a zipper or 2 to add, not sure about that yet) I'm pretty certain I can have these finished, and being used for indoor cubbys and the like, over the next few days.......


Right.....I'm off to buy some paint......have a lovely weekend........


                                                Janelle  xx
                                                                                
                                                                                  
                                                                                     
                                                                               

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nelly
    Where did you pick up the table? Love the shape and will be gorgeous all white and shiney?? or shabby chicy? Where will you put it?
    Well done with the patchwork cushions too..how cute they will be.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thankyou Gigi! I picked up the table at a church fete...bargain of course! Not exactly sure where it will go yet..x

    ReplyDelete