Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Banana and chocolate smoothie......mmmmm.......

Hey there....we're going a little healthy here on the farm today! Nothing too scary...just wanted to share a new fave drink of mine which goes by the name of a smoothie. A chocolate smoothie even!!
Whilst I've been on the exercise wagon for awhile now I probably haven't been on the healthy eating one as much. My diet is really quite decent  (I try to eat fresh, unprocessed and 'home-made' foods as much as I can) but after a little research I've found I really do need to make a more conscious effort to get in more fruits, proteins and dairy. So....on that note let me introduce my latest, totally made up, thrown together and surprisingly delicious Banana and Chocolate Smoothie............

                                                                                 


We won't go so far as to actually call this a 'recipe' as it's really just a few ingredients thrown together then given a blitz until smooth......

                                                                               


I've thrown in milk (low-fat, soy, almond,full cream...up to you), natural greek yoghurt, banana, crushed up almonds, linseed and sunflower seeds, a few drops of vanilla extract and a teaspoon or so of pure cocoa powder (I've read lately that apparently it's good to drink chocolate milk after a work out....not exactly sure of the reason why but I'm going with it!!).....and blitz away.........

                                                                                   


I'm loving this and can't wait to try out a few more.....any tasty recommendations most welcome.........

                                                                                 


Have a lovely Wednesday.....

Enjoy!............

                                             Janelle  xx                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment