Monday, August 12, 2013

Cream cheese frosting - the easy way.............

Hello and Welcome to a fresh new week!!
To start the week off I wanted to share a 'mini' recipe with you. And by mini I'm talking about icing. Scrumptious cream cheese frosting to be exact...mmmmm......mmmmm......

                                                                                 

                                                                                     
So, on the weekend my daughter and I baked a lemon cake. We have quite a few lemons laying about here at the moment so you may see a few lemony recipes popping up here. In the meantime Mr W.F had typically read the label wrong accidently purchased a tub of cream cheese instead of the sickly over-processed cheese spread that my five year old insists on eating. Of course we didn't want to waste this innocent tub of cream cheese so we decided to indulge and whip up a batch of cream cheese frosting to slap on the lemon cake........

                                                                                   


I didn't have an actual recipe anywhere of exact ingredients and amounts etc so I did what any cook would do and googled. Some recipes used butter, some only about 1/2 the tub of cheese (well that's just wasting!??!) and what I wanted was the easiest, most basic, less-ingredients-is-more way to go. I found it, wrote it down for future reference and then thought I'd share it on here as I think it's a good basic to have in one's recipe book. I did alter it just a little...it said to add lemon zest but as we were slapping this on an already lemon cake I didn't think it needed it. I also decided to throw in the vanilla even though the recipe didn't mention anything about vanilla....just call me a risk-taker living on the kitchen edge............

                                                                               
                                                                                   

                                                     Cream Cheese Frosting                                                  


 250gm tub cream cheese
4 tablespoons icing sugar
1/2 - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(2 teaspoons lemon rind - optional)

Tip all ingredients in a bowl.
Beat for a few minutes with electric beaters.
Done.


                                                                                     


Spread. Swirl. Slice. And serve..........

                                                                                 


And eat................

                                                                                 


Simple. As.

Now go and have a wonderful week............

See you again soon..............


                                        Janelle  xx              

No comments:

Post a Comment