Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Muffin Liners.............

I must admit I do feel a tad ridiculous about today's post. There I was, in the kitchen, in baking mode. We had somehow, in someway, seemed to have bred bananas overnight so I figured I should bake a few down. Hello Banana Muffins..............

                                                                                 


Well...without the muffin bit.
More the muffin-liner bit.
Do you use baking paper liners when you bake muffins etc? I must admit I don't use them a great deal. My children apparently find them 'annoying' in their school lunches (???) and they can be a little on the fiddly side compared to using cupcake papers or spritzing the trays with a spray of oil. Anyway, today I decided to go with the liners. I have never actually bought these ready-made so I guess I may not really know what I'm on about here, wouldn't be the first time,but all I do is rip (or cut, but I do prefer the look of the torn paper. And it's always all about 'the look' right?!) the baking paper into squares. These were roughly 6 inch squares.


                                                                                     


So you rip them off, then you could fold that square into four then re-open it to find the centre. Then shove them into the muffin tray. This, I think, is where the fiddles start because they tend to keep popping out. I have at times squirted the bottom of the tray with some oil to help the paper stick. This kind of works, but does add more time and effort to your baking.

                                                                                 


They do look lovely though don't they??!? Which is how this post came about...me admiring my muffin liners and feeling the need to share this admiration!!

                                                                               
 

Oh, and the muffins?? Yep, they turned out quite the treat. Stay tuned for Part 2......Banana and Chocolate muffins.....recipe coming soon..........

Have a fab day!!.........


                             Janelle  xx                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment