Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ginger Kisses......

Hello there!! Fancy a little weekend baking? On a Tuesday?? Of course you do...come on in......

                                                                                   


So today I thought we could start tip-toeing into the Christmas baking arena. Game?!?? Of course these biscuits are meant to be, and indeed should be, baked and scoffed at any time of the year but the fact that they are ginger and I have shoved a bright red towel underneath them I figured that this made for the perfect addition to our Christmas recipe book. Because we all have one of those don't we? Ahem.....

                                                                                 


I came across this recipe whilst visiting my sister recently. She was busy mixing, scooping and cooking while I was chatting and eyeing off all that was being mixed, scooped and cooked. And it looked good. So good that I promptly copied out that recipe, checked we had all the necessary ingredients in the pantry, then set about whipping up a batch myself. Success!!!

                                                                               


What I love most about these cookies is that not only are they delicious, easy to bake, my children love them and they are that perfect texture sitting somewhere between a cake and a cookie BUT the recipe makes so many!! So at least once you have gone to the effort (which seriously isn't much!) and made up a batch then  iced the two biscuits together you are still left with a very decent amount of cookies. Always a good thing around here.....

                                                                               


Okay.....let's get on with the all important recipe shall we?? Yes, I think we shall......

                                                                 Ginger Kisses    
Ingredients

225 grams butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar (I used less, about 1/2?)
1 egg
1 tablspn golden syrup
2 1/2 cups plain flour
2 teaspn ginger powder
1 heaped teaspn bi-carb soda

Method

1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees

2. In a bowl place the butter and sugar and beat until pale and creamy

3. Add the egg and golden syrup and beat some more

4. Now sift and fold in the remaining dry ingredients

5. Scoop a heaped teaspoon  of mixture onto a greased or lined baking tray. I kind of then squished them into a roundish shape with my hands.

6. Throw them in the oven for approx 10 minutes

7. When they are out and completely cool ice together with vanilla icing

8. That. is. it.

                                                                               


Easy as pie. Well, easIER than pie really aren't they....

                                                                                 


When I bake these again I think I'll dust the top of them with a little icing sugar to pretty them up a tad but honestly, they really don't need much messing about with....they are pretty damn good as they are!!

                                                                                 


And with that I must get flying out the door. How ridiculous is this time of year???!!? A good ridiculous though. Most of the time....

Take care and let me know if you have a go at these. And you really should have a go you know!!?!

Enjoy!!


                                             Janelle  xx                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment