Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Sheepish Project??....

Hey there...I have a quick little project to share this evening. Possibly one of the easiest yet effective things I've done for awhile...with a little help from the handyman husb...must admit that one I suppose....

                                                                               

So this all began back in November when one of my favourite friends (yep, apparently I have favourites) gave me this very cute tea towel for a birthday gift. Which my youngest totally-obsessed-and-I-do-mean-totally-obsessed-with-sheep daughter saw and promptly stole from me. Can't say I blame her really...it is pretty damn cute...

                                                                                 


Well this tea towel was played and played with, usually to wrap her baby sheep up in, and I was forever picking it up from all about the house. And then along came a little pic on instagram from a gorgeous mum who had hung up a few tea towels in her sons' rooms and "hello!!"...perfect solution and more than perfect wall hanging for this little sheep-girl.....

                                                                               


Simply fold over and sew the bottom and top edges...ask your husband in a nice polite voice possibly the trickiest bit to this whole project to cut you two pieces of dowel for you, slide them through the towel ends, grab whatever twine you can find in your junk drawer, tie to the pieces of dowel (am I spelling this correctly?? Don't believe I've ever had to write the word before....) and hang up on your obsessed child's wall.

                                                                                 

And Woo Hoo!! This does have to be moved up higher on the wall, we just used the hook that was there for now to at least get the thing up but I must say...I am loving it!!

Look out for the paper chain tutorial next week....:).....

Happy projecting folks!!



                                                     Janelle  xx                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment