Thursday, January 16, 2014

Keeping Cool......

And it's Good Evening from a rather hot and sweaty farm tonight...43 degrees and counting this past week but hey...that's just Summer for us isn't it?!! So we have basically been in lock down this whole week...air con on, blinds shut, living in our own little world of darkness. Well, apart from the odd trip out to the pool for the kids, me...I've stayed pretty close to that air con contraption.
And whilst hovering around that contraption I've kept busy with.....ta da....

                                                                                 

First up...a little sewing. My daughter has a blanket/quilt thingy that she uses in the cooler months but it has been needing some type of cover, which I have been meaning to whip up for a looong time now. Inspiration finally struck, fabrics were cut into squares and the sewing machine was put to work. I am very close to the finish line with this, with only the back to sew on...amazing what one can accomplish when hidden away in darkness from the world for a few days.

                                                                                 

And yes...I have continued on with my crochet obsessed phase...funny how every Summer I really enjoy propping up in front of the aforementioned life-saving air conditioner and clicking away with my knitting needles...or as is the case this year...my trusty crochet hook. I am still amazed at how quickly your work can grow with crochet...I think I may even have a cosy sofa rug ready for Autumn. I know!!?!!!

                                                                               

Of course we can't let a little sweltering heatwave keep us out of the kitchen now can we??! So we are opting for slightly cooler baking...as in the no-bake kind of baking....I tell you, rumballs are your bestfriend in this weather. Or really....who am I kidding...they're our best friends rain, hail or shine...

                                                                                 


And what would a hot Aussie Summer be without a spot of Aussie Open tennis...yep...it's been a stinking hot good week....

Hope your's has been too...

Stay cool folks.......


                                           Janelle xx                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment