Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sausage and Potatoe Salad

Hello there!!
                                                                                     

I'm a little slow off the mark this week, today being Wednesday and this being my first post of the week...must have something to do with it being the last few days of the school holidays and trying to get 3 children half-way organised and geared up for the year ahead. I think we may be ready...
We are also back to dealing with a fair bit of heat, as in h.o.t weather. I don't know about you but I find it hard to even contemplate dinner at the best of times when it is still so hot and stuffy when it's time for dinner? So with that little thought in mind I thought I'd share a "what we had for dinner" as this one was a winner...certainly nothing flash or fancy but it was quick, simple and, most importantly, eaten!!

                                                                                                                               

                                                                               
I'm not even sure what to call this, it's pretty much made up as I go, but it's basically a potatoe salad with sausage thrown in so let's go with Sausage Potatoe Salad??!? Yep...sounds good to me.....
I give you.....

                                                                                               
                                                                               
                                                                                   
                                                     Sausage Potatoe Salad    

Ingredients

Potatoes
1 packet beef sausages - or whatever takes your fancy
bacon - 1 or 2 rashers?
chives 
peas - frozen 
corn kernels - frozen
Dressing

Method

Right, boil up your potatoes...I use baby potatoes, I never count them, maybe 9 or 10?? Whilst they are bubbling away dice up your bacon into small pieces and fry off. My husb actually tossed ours in the microwave the other night and they came out fine. Now you also need to get your sausages frying, I cook ours first and then chop them into bite-size pieces once they're done. In amongst all this chopping and frying, or if that's too much hassle wait until the end, heat up the peas and corn. I usually throw mine together in a mug and heat in the microwave for a couple of minutes...maybe 1/3 of the mug for each.
Once your spuds are cooked drain them, cool a tad, and throw into a large-ish bowl. Add the peas and corn, bacon and your cooked/chopped sausages. Snip your chives over the top, add a sprinkle of salt and pepper then toss through your dressing. I usually use a store bought dressing but would love to try with home made. You can use potatoe salad dressing, regular mayo and I've even used coleslaw dressing which worked fine.

                                                                                     
                                                                       
And there you have it...a slap dash recipe for a slap dash meal...but one that works well for us! Let me know if you give it a go!


                                                                             


Have a Happy Wednesday...

And stay cool....


                                                    Janelle  xx
                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment