Friday, April 4, 2014

A weekly round-up......

Well Hello and a big fat Happy Friday to you!! Have you had a fun and fabulous week?? I wouldn't say mine was anything extraordinary but it was rather good...and as I sit here tappity tap tapping away we are officially in school holiday mode...for 2 whole weeks...woo hoo!! Well, at least it will be Woo Hoo in a few days time...always seems to take us a good 1/2 week at least to find our holiday groove but once we do...there's no stopping us!!
Right...so...I thought I'd share a little of what I've been up to this past week...totally digging my knitting, craft and DIY lately...loving it. I whipped up this funky little cushion cover...so quick, so easy, yet kind of effective I reckon? Plain old stocking stitch on the front and a moss stitch happening on the back....I completely winged the cross (can you tell....ahem...) I didn't want to try and centre it way too lazy and impatient for that so thought I'd just kind of dump it randomly somewhere...it did end up bigger than I thought but I think it still works ok.....

                                                                                 

                                                                                     

Previous project is getting a good rotation around the house...started in the living room and has slowly made it's way up to the bedroom.....am already planning my next one...obviously we need more!!

                                                                                 
                                                                                 

I tottered off to the hardware store earlier in the week and bought myself some sisal rope...thought it could make the perfect pick-me-up for an old p.l.a.i.n. as plain lamp base...of course I ran out of rope with only about a centimetre or two left to go but that's ok...I went and bought more...finished her off...and now have enough leftover rope to go gluegun crazy on a few other items laying about the house. This now just needs a new shade...I'm thinking black...maybe....

                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                                                    And we'll now finish with my very fave purchase of the week....my black and white Tarjay rug...love love love it....as I'm sure the husb will too once his eyes adjust...claims it's making his eyes dizzy?!!?....pfffttt......

                                                                                 
 

And that's pretty much it from me.....looking back over these pics I may need to work on a little bit of colour next week?!!?

                                                                               


Have a great weekend all.....

Enjoy!!


                                                                                   Janelle  xx

1 comment: