Monday, April 6, 2015

Banana Cake

Hi there!!

We are baking up a storm here again...well...a cake at least...technically pretty much whipped up by my eleven year old...and oh my goodness me...it is a G.O.O.D. one!!

                                                                                 

Now I'm kind of not too sure what to exactly call this...it's either a Banana Cake OR Banana Bread...probably maybe more on the bread side of things but it does seem more like a dense-ish cake to me so I think we'll go with cake...this time...quick...before I change my mind!!!!!

                                                                                 



                                                                      Banana Cake

Ingredients

2 cups SR flour
3/4 teasp bi-carb soda
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 teasp cinnamon
3 bananas - mashed - the mushier and ripe all the better
2 eggs
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teasp vanilla extract
1/2 cup natural greek yoghurt
70gms butter - melted - I always melt this first so it has time to cool

Method

Preheat your oven to 160 degrees

In a large-ish bowl sift in your flour, bicarb, sugar and cinnamon.

In another bowl mix together your mashed bananas, eggs, golden syrup, vanilla, yoghurt and cooled butter

Now pour your banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir the whole lot together until they are all well combined

Pour mix into a greased and lined loaf tin

Bake for approx 45 minutes...actually have a peek at about 40 minutes...really depends on how hot your oven runs

Once it's all smelling deliciously lovely and cooked remove from the oven and let it hang out in the baking tin for another 5-10 minutes or so, then tip out onto a cooling rack

I strongly suggest you slice into this whilst still warm......it is SOOOOO good!!!!!


                                                                                   

You can either slap some butter onto your slices, eat it plain - which we tend to do - or if you really want to you can make up some vanilla icing to spread on top or really go all out and whip up some cream cheese icing...mmmm....love that stuff on anything and everything really.....ooohh and some chopped walnuts sprinkled over the icing would be perfection!!!

Whatever you choose just please remember I LOVE to hear from you if you do bake up any of my recipes...makes it all alot more fun!!!

                                                                               


I'm now off to experiment with some apple pie making...with fresh-from-the -tree-granny-smiths.....need I say more??!!!

Have a great week folks.....

Happy Baking!!!



                                                                 Janelle xx



No comments:

Post a Comment