I appear to have been MIA of late...let's rectify all that with a good dose of cake yes?!?
I have posted the recipe to this before...but that's so not going to stop me from doing so yet again...this recipe is ridiculously tasty and absurdly easy it really does need to be shared amongst all...and frequently at that.....
It's a good old fashioned orange cake...I love it because it's actually not TOO orangey..if you get me..although by all means throw in as much of that orange goodness as your little heart desires...even be so bold as to use the WHOLE orange..not just the suggested half..we can be crazy and daring like that around here.....
1 cup SR flour - sifted
1/2 cup sugar
Rind of 1/2 orange - finely grated /zest
90 grams butter - melted
Juice of 1/2 orange
1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat your oven to about 160 degrees
2. Melt your butter
3. In a mixing bowl throw in your sifted flour, sugar and orange zest
4. Now in a jug-type-vessel pour in the melted butter, orange juice, 2 eggs and milk then give a super quick mix with a fork or whisk - if you can't stand the thought of all this hard work just bung all ingredients into the mixing bowl from the start
5. Add your liquidy ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with your mixer (funnily enough...) for a few minutes
6. Pour cake mix into a greased/lined loaf tin (or whatever shape tin you have laying about in your tin cupboard)
7. Pop in the oven for approx 30 minutes
8. Leave in tin for a few mins once out of the oven then tip out onto a cooling rack to let cool completely
9. Smother in vanilla icing..cream cheese icing..or leave and scoff plain...I promise ALL is good!!!
Let me know how you go please...
Oh, and I have substituted the orange for a lemon and that is just as delish!!
Oh Oh!! ...and toss in a teaspn or so of poppyseeds too if you like...works wonderfully!!
Now please go and have a fab weekend...